August 31, 2018
Hello Damascus Elementary School Families!
Welcome to the 2018-2019 school year! I am very excited to begin my second year as
the Damascus Elementary School PTA President. I am looking forward to another
great year. I was so fortunate to work with so many amazing families last year, and
we are ready for a new year. Our families are so fortunate to have our kids attend a
school where the principal and office staff know every one of our kids by name. Our
teachers and staff love what they do and strive to bring out the best in each of our
Our PTA has a lot of great things planned for the upcoming school year. A complete list of our upcoming activities and events is posted on the website. We hope that you will be able to join us as often as possible.
There are many ways to support the DES PTA, one of which is simply to join! Just by becoming a member of the PTA you are supporting our children and teachers in a big way. The PTA is for everyone and benefits all of our students. This year, we are including a family information form in the folder sent home. Even if you choose not to join us, you have the opportunity to share the information that you would like to have
included in the student directory. I thank you so much for your support!
The members of the 2018-2019 PTA Board of Directors are listed below. They are a wonderful group of parents and a true asset to our school.
- Christine Derby (President): Katherine (7 th ), Megan (4 th ), & William (1 st )
- Kristen Kloster-Grady (Vice President): Sophia (1 st )
- Beth Walter (Secretary): Mason (6 th ) & Dawson (K)
- Jennifer Marcano (Treasurer): Valentino (9 th ) & Eva (5 th )
- Melody Brown (Board): Caitlyn (5 th ) & Carter (2 nd )
- Nora Hernandez (Board): Jazmin (6 th ), Allison (3 rd ), & Angie (K)
- Wendy King (Board): Julia (1 st ), Kate (Pre K), & Allie (Pre K)
- Laurie Murtaugh (Board): Chloe (11 th ), Lucy (9 th ), & Maggie (5 th )
- Melissa North (Board): Hope (12 th ), Gage (12 th ), & Colton (4 th )
- Tara Owens (Board): Kade (7 th ), Sam (7 th ), Lexis (6 th ), Jack (6 th ), Katie (4 th ), & Mary (4 th )
- Kerry Potcner (Board): Grady (4 th ), Wyett (1 st ), & Penn (Pre K)
Please feel free to contact me at email@example.com if you have any suggestions or questions. I appreciate your feedback to help make our wonderful school the best it can be.
Thank you for all you do to make our school amazing!
DES PTA President